Tuesday, November 29, 2011

not all those who wander are lost


we watched this during fhe yesterday.
i was immediately touched by it;
tears were rolling down my cheeks, as i know
with every fiber in my being
that i know the calm feeling russell m. nelson
is talking about.

a couple weeks ago,
i had a slightly similar near-death experience.
i was riding my family's vespa home from the sportsmall.
it was dark out,
& difficult to see on the dimly lit streets.
as i was riding down the far right lane,
i noticed a car ahead,
on a street perpendicular to mine,
on my right side.
this car attempted to execute a right hand turn,
as i was riding in front of them.
at a speed of 45mph,
i had to quickly & severely swerve
 in order to not be hit & scattered across the road.
i continued to drive home in a state of awe.
i thought i should be mad at the person driving that car,
who didn't see me,
& nearly killed me,
but i wasn't.
not at all.
in fact,
i actually felt sorry for them.
i couldn't imagine how awful they must have felt
after seeing me swerve past their front bumper.
i felt calm as i drove home.
more calm than i had felt in a long time.
my heart wasn't racing,
my thoughts weren't chasing after regrets.
for one of the first times in my life,
i had this thought that,
"if i had just died, tonight, i would be ok.
my life will have been a simple & humble triumph."
i have repented of my past sins.
i have lived in honest & earnest attempt to be near
my father in heaven.
i am filled with his love & peace.
i was calm.

i am calm,
for i know that
everything will be ok.

3 comments:

  1. wow...that was a powerful video. thank you so much anna for sharing it as well as your testimony. i really liked the reminder that "we only have to improve." i can do that. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Anna what a beautiful and comforting video. I loved it as I was watching it with tears running down my face. I'm not surprised that you were okay after that vespa experience because we pray for you every morning and night. Our Heavenly Father was certainly watching over you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's crazy! I'm glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete