Wednesday, February 8, 2012

look at me now

during those moments when i feel a shade of melancholy blue,
i look around me.
i see the people i love & admire.
& in a wistful sort of way,
i imagine how they see me through their eyes.
& i think.

if i could see myself through your eyes,
would i sit here & cry?
or rather, would i find hope in life's bittersweet kiss,
knowing that there is yet more to come?
i know that if you could see yourself through my eyes,
you'd feel nothing but admiration.
you'd realize your influence & your beauty,
& just how much your friendship means to me.
you might see the instant relief when i call you,
& before i can sputter
"are you free to talk?"
your love discerns the disconnect in my speech.
if i could see myself through their eyes,
would i still feel alone?
or rather, would i feel the undeniable strength 
that we've built from years of love & experience?
i know that if they could see themselves through my eyes,
they'd feel nothing but unspoken love.
they'd understand my humility & commitment,
& realize it was all because of their efforts.
they might see the hope seeping into my heart,
as i come home to open arms,
"i'll always love you."
the words resonate within.

what a beautiful thing it is,
the gift of sight.
though sometimes, 
it takes heartbreak, fear, or trials
in order for us to gain a clear view;
life moves forward.
give love freely & never regret doing so,
for life is beautiful.
it is up to us to choose
whether or not we will continue to see
la vie en rose.

"i believe that my life's gonna see
the love i give return to me."






1 comment: