Wednesday, April 13, 2011

our own pretty ways

people always tell me i have big eyes.  i don't ever really notice it, or understand why they say that.  they seem normal to me, but then again, i've lived with them my entire life.  but today in the eye doctor's office, i had a funny experience, due to the size of my eyes, that i've never had before.
he says to me, "we're just gonna let your eyes sit for a while, then i'll be back to look at them."
confused, i ask "are we going to dilate them?"
even more confused, he says "we have.  we just need to wait for the drops to sit in a little while longer."
"but, i haven't had any eye drops."
(doubting my knowledge) he says, "you haven't?  let me go ask the assistant."
he leaves, & comes back.
"it looks like you have really big pupils!"
needless to say, because my eyes are so big (apparently) i don't need to dilate them at the eye doctor's.

oh, feel free to listen to this song.  it's my current obsession caught on repeat.

2 comments:

  1. I spent a lot of time in Washington Square Park as a teenager. It was awesome. I like this video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've alwys thought you have beautiful eyes. I'm going to have to check out the size of your pupils.

    ReplyDelete