Saturday, April 30, 2011

sometimes

lately i've been missing my dog max.
every time i go home, my ride inevitably drives past the petsmart where we put him down & i can't help but think of him.  or when the neighbor's dog barkley comes over to play, i'm reminded of max.
yesterday i watched a part of homeward bound (a classic right?).  & while i watched it i almost started to cry;  what shadow 'said' to peter as they hugged goodbye really got to me.
 "i know.  i know you're sad.  i wish i knew why.  what's wrong?  don't worry peter, i'm here to protect you."
 there's no better way to describe this kind of love--between a person & their pet.  & if you've never felt this connection, i feel sorry for you.  i love my max & i will always hold his memory near my heart.


oh & by the way, i'm loving this song right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment