Monday, February 28, 2011

snoooooooop


so after posting a couple cat stevens in my last blog post, a couple of you friendly friends commented sharing your love for cat stevens & testifying of the beauty life still has to offer a young gal like myself.  this song was brought up once or twice.  so i thought i'd share a funny story about it with you.

when i was a little girl, my dad spoiled me with the music he loved as a growing boy.  cat stevens was one among others like neil young, the police, james taylor, eric clapton, & many other favorites of mine that my mom would (enjoy & therefore) permit listening to on the 2 hour drive to bear lake.

on one particular drive up to the lake, we were listening to the very best of cat stevens cd.  at this time, my favorite song from the album was "i've got a thing about seeing my grandson grow old" for the very same line cristie & amy mentioned:
"i've got no time for silly chitter chattahhh."
hook, line, & sinker!  i was in love.  & much like any other normal child, i drew a picture of what i perceived the lyrics to convey;  i drew the surface of the moon (craters & all) with a big garden.  surrounding this garden was a fence that had fans sitting on it & air conditioning the garden.  then there were music notes, coming from the plants, floating around the garden going out into space.  i was quite the 9 year old artist.

i remember giving that picture to my dad while we were driving & feeling good & super cool.  it was then that i determined to share this song with my two cousins.  when we arrived, i instantly took these two cousins (heather & isabelle) up to our bedroom to show them this awesome song; they were sure to love it.  so i pulled out my trusty old sony walkman, popped in the very best of cat stevens, plugged in my nice red speakers, clicked to track #4 & let the music flow.
it wasn't long (approx. 28 seconds) before isabelle & heather heard this very line that i loved, & found it to be the line they'd use to mock me.  repeating "chittah chattaaah!" over & over combined with their hysterical laughter & 9 year old puns ("hey anna, wanna chittah chattaaaah with me? ahahahaha!") seemed to be their clever choice mockery.  
clearly cat stevens has nothing when compared to snoop dogg's line, "snooooooooooooop".

so i'd try to ignore them, & say to myself, "it's ok. dad likes it." 
words of wisdom.
words. of. wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. yes...this is the one...i smile just listening to the intro. guitar.

    anna, your picture sounds super creative for a mere nine years...wish you still had it.

    "because i've got a thing about seeing my grandson grow old" xox

    ReplyDelete