Thursday, October 13, 2011

days we dream about

yesterday
was one of the best birthdays
i've ever had.
(despite the fact that my two brothers
both
forgot it was my birthday.)
21 years old
i finally received a letter
sent from one of my good missionary friends
in may!
my city & colour ticket
came in the mail.
(29 days left!)
i received an unexpected & really nice gift
from an old friend.
& my loving mother gave me some
super cute clothes from california
as well as
sephora mascara & perfume!
after all the gift giving,
i spent the majority of the day
with someone who planned it all out for me.






































first, we went up to alta ski resort & hiked around the slopes.
the scenery was gorgeous.
i loved it.
then we went to cafe rio for dinner.
delicious.
after dinner, i needed to visit my grandparents
to chat & pick up some gifts.
so we headed over to nana & poppy's for a nice time.
(wilford spent the majority of the time
harassing carson
in his friendly german way.)
it was to be expected.
& last but definitely not least,
we headed back to carson's to watch
not one, but two
black & white movies.
creature from the black lagoon 
(one of my classic favorites)
& carnival of souls.

honestly,
i expected nothing for my birthday
as far as friends go.
& to have a day like this,
was just what i needed.
it made me so happy.
i had the best birthday ever.

1 comment: