Friday, October 28, 2011

"prufrock is like my mantra"

i just saw this movie:
























& i loved it;
definitely a new favorite.
naturally,
it's reinforced my dream of paris
& its romance & magic.
but it also made me realize that my dream of paris
could not be satiated by simply living in paris.
i must be one who works
to make my dreams my realities.
just as life in a different era could not be more satisfying
than life in the present.
(which is what the protagonist in this movie struggles with thinking.)
i love it.

a few of my favorite quotes from this movie include:
"that's what the present is.
it's a little unsatisfying because life is unsatisfying."

"the artist's job is not to succumb to despair
but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence."

"no subject is terrible if the story is true,
if the prose is clean & honest,
& it affirms courage & grace under pressure."

"you'll never be a good writer if you fear dying.  do you?"
"yeah, i do. i would say it's my greatest fear."

1 comment:

  1. i too enjoyed this movie so much.

    the film woody allen used was a little 'old school' as well.

    fun to be introduced to so many characters from history. xox

    ReplyDelete