Thursday, January 20, 2011

to read or not to read?

here's the thing about journals:  mine are private.
i once had a teacher comment on journals.  she said that we should preserve our journals so that future generations may read what we once thought.  well, what if i don't want my future prosperity to know what i think, er though, about?  my private journals have always been personal reminders of how much i have changed, & what i should expect from my future kids (in a way).  but then again, it would be cool to have something i wrote for my kids to read.
so as of today, i've decided to start fresh.
i'm going to start writing in a new journal, being completely honest with my thoughts & feelings, but without forgetting that one day my prosperity might read it.  
but then i think about my past relatives, & i feel selfish.  i've never tried to read a journal they wrote.  what makes me think my future great-grandkids will care to read what i write?  aren't we all sortof selfish?  maybe not all of us.  i know my aunt reads/looks at her grandmother's belongings.

i guess it's safe just to be careful.  one day, i could have a child or grandchild that is more selfless than i.

No comments:

Post a Comment