Monday, March 26, 2012

true story

you guys.
i have officially begun my book.
i am writing a book!
i know it's not going to be anything too grand, or profound,
but i finally started it.

it's a compilation of memories & stories about a girl my age [surprise].
almost two months ago, i became compulsive about writing down my memories,
so i wouldn't lose them amidst my memories yet made.
that's when i bought this striped composition notebook,
in which i've written the first few pages of my book.
people keep telling me that i should write a book,
but i never thought i had it in me until that night at walmart.
i picked up an order of pictures, looked at them,
& thought, "screw it.  i'm just going to try it."
problem is, i got home & didn't know what to write about.
i usually post blogs about my feelings & music,
but who wants to read a book all about the not-so-complex feelings
of a 21 year old college girl & how her music choice helps her out?
no one, err at least, not i.
it wasn't until i read a sappy love chapter out of a book my friend is writing,
that i finally thought it would be ok to just try writing one
even if it has a lot to do with the cliche complexities of
a college girl balancing her life's schedule between finding love, family, school, & work.

so here i am;
3 pages in & feelin' good.
wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to read it. I know you'll do a great job. You're the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to read it. I know you'll do a great job. You're the best

    ReplyDelete