Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the sun is shining

yesterday i had a really good day.  whatever i was doing, no matter how plain of an activity, i felt content.  i love feeling content.  here's a list of good things that happened yesterday.
  • i ran some errands, getting minor things done that i've needed to do for a long time.
  •  i went for a walk around town, in the best kind of weather; light jacket weather.
  • while i was walking, a man driving a school bus honked & waved at me.  so friendly, & so strange, it kept my mind occupied for a good two hours wondering who it might have been.
  • i did some research on evolution in the library--the first time i've ever utilized the mckay library, so i was proud of my success.
  • i got a check cashed that i'd been meaning to cash, but because of a silly fear of having the bank reject helping me (because i'm not a member), i hesitated... for a year.
  • i was happy the whole time i ran my 3.5 miles!
  • i made my running schedule (for the marathon) on a spreadsheet & it looked so nice & professional once it was finished.
  • i defended michelle off the bachelor to my roommates, making me feel like a better person than i was the day before yesterday.
  • i realized i had my homework done for the next week in my family foundations class.
  • i didn't feel myself giving a dirty look to a cute couple i saw on campus.
  • without any outside influence, i found a reason within myself to smile & chuckle to myself while in public, on campus.
  • my roommate told me she thinks of me as an "ingrid michaelson" type of a singer.
  • it was a special day for me & my friend leah.
  • i caught myself feeling really smart reading out of the huge encyclopedia of human biology.
  • i went to bed & had no trouble falling peacefully asleep.
it was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. Love you Anna-banana!
    Loved reading this post- glad you can find happiness in the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.
    my.
    heck.
    it was a 10.
    you just can't do any better than that dear one.
    xox

    ReplyDelete